Summer is right around the corner and the Real Estate market is heating up! Looking to sell your home? Here are 30 things you can do now to begin preparations:
1) Have a garage sale. Go through all of your belongings and sell what you don’t need or want anymore. List anything that doesn’t sell on Ebay or Craigslist.
2) Touch up exterior paint on window frames and doors.
3) Check for any broken shingles, tiles or roof damage.
4) Paint your fence and mend anything broken.
5) Clean gutters and check that downspouts are functioning properly.
6) Wash all windows; make sure they all open and close easily.
7) Spruce up your landscaping: add fertilizer to your lawn, mow and edge regularly, plant seasonal flowers, trim hedges, prune trees.
8) Clean your home from top to bottom.
9) Organize and de-clutter all closets.
10) Consider renting a storage unit to store any items you don’t want to sell (and out of season clothes) that could cause your home or closets to appear cluttered.
11) Lubricate windows, cabinets and doors well.
12) Clean blinds, ceiling fans, carpets and drapes.
13) Repair any cracks or holes and use touch up paint. Check for dirt, fingerprints and water damage on all walls and ceilings.
14) Clean kitchen appliances well including the hard to reach areas.
15) De-clutter and organize your pantry and all cabinets.
16) Remove any stains from bathtubs, toilets and sinks. Re-caulk where necessary.
17) If you have a fireplace, make sure it is clean and working well.
18) Replace or repair leaky faucets.
19) Put deodorizers in every room and closet.
20) Evaluate all floors and decide if anything needs to be replaced.
21) Clean all furniture well.
22) Remove cobwebs throughout your home; include the garage.
23) Clean and organize your attic and/or basement.
24) De-grease your garage floor.
25) Repair any cracks in the driveway or sidewalks with ready-mix cement.
26) Pressure-wash the driveway and sidewalks.
27) Replace or repair your mailbox if it’s in bad condition.
28) Repair any screens that have holes or aren’t in good condition.
29) Make sure all bulbs work property and have the correct wattage.
30) If you have pets make sure their areas are clean, organized and odor-free.
Preparing to sell your home can seem like a daunting task. Knock off one thing at a time on this list and before you know it your home will be sparkling clean and ready to be listed!
Consumer Protection & Privacy
© 2021 All rights reserved
Created with Placester
Enter your email address