A New Year is right around the corner and while most people are making resolutions regarding health or fitness, we’d love to offer eight resolution ideas for your home.
1) Set up a system for regular home cleaning. Break it down into daily, weekly and monthly goals. Example:
Daily – dishes clean and put away or in dishwasher. Clothing is put into a hamper or put away. De-clutter common areas and take trash out.
Weekly – do a simple clean of the entire house. Move from room to room with a carryall for cleaners and take care of basic needs; wipe counters, clean bathrooms, mirrors and anything else on the surface. Change bed sheets, sweep and mop.
Monthly – do a deep clean of one room. Monthly deep cleaning by room allows you to systematically clean areas that often go unnoticed; under the coach, windowsills, blinds and more.
4) Take a close look at your property tax assessment – Is the assessment correct? Is the estimate going up faster than the sale prices of comparable homes? If you feel the assessment is too high, you can appeal via your local appraisal review board.
5) Lose weight….in your home. Get organized and de-clutter room-to-room. Donate what you don’t need and thoroughly evaluate anything new you buy for your home.
6) Game plan for emergencies. This to-do often gets put on the back burner. Do you have emergency supplies? A family evacuation plan? Get a plan in place and make sure the whole family is on board.
7) Get involved in your neighborhood. Go to community events, attend local HOA meetings, be intentional about meeting neighbors or join the neighborhood watch. Personal involvement is the first step to making your neighborhood a better place to live.
8) Go green. We often think of hybrid cars and solar panels when it comes to going green. Cutting energy usage in your home is another step. Turn off lights when you leave a room, program your thermostat to be off when you are out of the house, install low-flow showerheads and change out lightbulbs. Wait until the dishwasher and washing machines are full before running. Small steps to decrease energy usage really add up.
What else is on your home resolution list? Dash Realty in Pflugerville, TX wishes you and your loved ones a Happy New Year!
For ADA assistance, please email email@example.com. If you experience difficulty in accessing any part of this website, email us, and we will work with you to provide the information you seek through an alternate communication method.